Target Audience & Strategy
Target: Dog paw-rents looking for healthy treat alternatives and dental sticks for their pups
Strategy: Education on the basics of SEO, especially content creation and backlink acquisition, to boost domain authority. Helping the client unlearn the ‘instant’ wins and results from a paid ads & social media strategy. The client’s goal was to grow visibility online for dental sticks & superfood treats.
CHallenges & Success
- Bell and Bone first came to StudioHawk to boost visibility for her natural dental stick range and superfood dog treats, and to go after giants in an already saturated space – Greenies, WAGS and ZiwiPeak. Although the website had only been around for 2 years and was considered ‘new’ in organic terms, StudioHawk recognised that there was HUGE potential to grow from a tiny puppy to a fully-fledged adult woofer.
- We provided a category page description template, with SEO best practices and competitor examples, that helped Arianne immensely. She was able to smash out category descriptions for all pages within a week, leveraging keywords as well as being easy for users to read and understand.
- SEO takes time, and with the work we’d done around content creation and backlink acquisition, Bell & Bone had moved the needle significantly, ranking on the 2nd and 3rd pages for a handful of important keywords.
- By February 2021, about 4 months into her SEO campaign, we began to see significant growth in position rankings for her top keywords.
- With the campaign now strolling along nicely by in July 2021, Bell & Bone’s website relaunched, taking on a fresh groom and trim – all of which were done with our website architecture and recommendations in mind.